Exciting news! My Rose Quartz Facial Roller just launched today on Amazon! Click here to check it out, and use the code SUMMERGLOW25 for 25% off. Thank you for considering buying it! Your support means the world to me. 🙏❤️
The Leaping Bunny vs. PETA: both have lists of cruelty-free cosmetics and household product brands, but one is more reliable than the other. You might notice that the Leaping Bunny’s list is considerably smaller than PETA’s. This is because the Leaping Bunny, the only internationally recognized certification organization for cruelty-free brands, is way more selective: while PETA only requires written agreement from a company (see below), the Leaping Bunny requires that the company agrees to independent audits. This means they can actually verify if the claims are true.
From PETA.org (source):
From LeapingBunny.org (source):
If a particular brand is on the Leaping Bunny’s list, it should be safe to say that the company is truly cruelty-free. However, since applying for the program is done on a voluntary basis, this cruelty-free list isn’t exhaustive. Many companies, while not being certified, can be cruelty-free. In my opinion, while PETA’s database of cruelty-free brands is filled with good intentions, it’s not reliable due to the lack of any investigation. On the other hand, the Leaping Bunny makes a far better effort to ensure that a company is truly cruelty-free.
What’s your take on this issue?
From The Cruelty-Free 101 Series:
- 5 Things You MUST Do To Shop Cruelty-Free
- Where I Shop Cruelty-Free
- How To Spot a Fake Cruelty-Free Logo
- How To Determine if a Company is Cruelty-Free
- Testing Finished Products VS. Testing Ingredients
- Animal Testing Is Still Required By Law In China
- Why PETA’s Cruelty-Free List Can’t Be Trusted
- The Leaping Bunny Loophole: Be Aware
- When ‘Not Tested On Animals’ Is Complete Bullshit
- Companies That Test On Animals: Should We Boycott Their Cruelty-Free Brands?
Get the list of cruelty-free brands in your inbox!
Enter your email below to get my 10-page guide, Cruelty-Free Made Simple. Thank you so much for your interest!