Hi kitties! We've completely sold out of our August boxes, but you can get our September cruelty-free box for a limited time for only $39.99/month (value of $118). It's shipping early next month! You can subscribe here, but act quickly since boxes are limited!
If you’re like me, you might’ve naively thought that in the 21st century, leather accessories, including leather backpacks, boots, and wallets, are mostly made of faux leather. After all, artificial leather is way cheaper than the real one, it is very durable and will last for a long time, plus it is easier to sew and cut than animal leather. Despite all that, many companies still decide to use real leather in their products.
After all the bad news, we've got some good ones! New cruelty-free fashion brands are coming to the market faster than ever, and they make sure you walk out of the door with a stylish leather backpack that is 100% animal friendly.
We’ve made a list of over 45 amazing companies that make vegan leather backpacks, and their most stylish picks that you should definitely check out!
- The Drawstring Backpack by JW PEI
- Alex Vegan Backpack by Matt & Nat
- Brooklyn Lavender Backpack by Melie Bianco
- Debut Slim Backpack by Doshi
- Cosmopolitan - Frapp by Fablou
- Hako One Randoseru Backpack by Tokyo Bags
- The Small Backpack by Von Holzhausen
- Noir + Silver Liaison Backpack by SANS BEAST
- The Irving (Onyx) Backpack by Filbert
- Claudia Backpack by Miomojo
- Lovesome Backpack by Urban Originals
- Dahlia - Minimalist Women’s Backpack by Lawful London
- Wanderlust Rolltop Backpack Tote by Lee Coren
- Mishi Backpack by FruitenVeg
- Cork Backpack by Corkor
- Acacia Vegan Laptop Backpack by Labante
- Greenpoint Convertible Backpack Tote by Canopy Verde
- Akita Recycled Backpack by Charlie Feist
- Little Zoe Backpack by Lux and Nyx
- Kim Vegan Leather Backpack by Pixie Mood
- DR Leather Backpack by Denise Roobol
- Sabrina Button Snap Vegan Backpack by Jeane & Jax
- Raphael Vegan Backpack by Ashoka Paris
- Metropolitan Backpack by Lee Coren
- Farrell AppleSkin Vegan Leather Backpack by LUXTRA
- Arezzo Unisex Vegan Leather Backpack by Noah
- B Backpack/Briefcase by Boita
- The Shopper Vegan Nappa Leather Backpack by Jenah St
- Gemma Vegan Leather Backpack by Svala
- Upper Westside Vegan Leather Backpack by Expressions NYC
- Urban Vegan Leather Laptop Backpack by Canussa
- Minimal Envelope Backpack by Sugolovas
- JoJo Plus Diaper Backpack by Paperclip People
- Vegan Scarlett Faux Leather Backpack by Marsi Bond
- Floral Embroidery Leather Backpack by Olives
- Vegan Leather Unisex Backpack by Three Box
- Vegan Leather Retro Style Unisex Backpack by Vegia
- DUSK - Women's Vintage Backpack by Ecosusi
- Vintage Style Vegan Leather Backpack by Tinkin
- Classic MÄRSS Backpack by Märss
- The Sticky Sis Club Backpack by Sticky Lemon
- Grey "Vanilla" Backpack with Navy Details by MOONstruck
- Baby Travel Crib Changing Rucsac - RucPod by Bizzi Growin
- Herb backpack by Monk & Anna
- Water Resistant Vegan Leather Backpack by Sakka Handmade
- Vintage Style Vegan Leather Backpack by Zua Accessorize
- Rustic Distressed Vegan Leather Backpack by Red Maus
Tokyo Bags is one of the first men's bag stores that is sustainable and fully vegan. They choose quality over quantity and refuse to be part of the fast fashion industry. Although Tokyo Bags is a company made mostly for men, it is possible to find environment-friendly chic backpacks for both men and women on their website.
Tokyo Bags’ physical stores are located all over Asia and North America, but luckily, they deliver worldwide.
“Designed with love, not animals," SANS BEAST is an Australian company that really does love animals. SANS BEAST donates 1$ from every purchase to an animal rescue sanctuary in Central Victoria. Needless to say, the animal-friendly company is 100% vegan and strictly cruelty-free. Knowing that plastic is a problem in today’s world, they do their best to use alternative materials whenever possible.
SANS BEAST provides international shipping and all orders above $149 are completely free.
FruitenVeg is a luxury accessories brand based in NYC. Their designs are playful and exotic, combining unique prints, textures, and fun colors. They aim to show the world that luxury bags don't have to come at a cruel cost of animal suffering. FruitenVeg focuses on minimizing material waste and choosing as planet-friendly materials as possible.
FruitenVeg offers free shipping until the end of the month!
The French company Ashoka Paris is a luxury brand that designs high-quality leather pieces while keeping its production vegan and eco-responsible. The brand is run by an animal-loving couple who do their best to increase the company’s footprint. In addition to recycled plastic, Ashoka Paris also uses apple skin as a material for its trendy bags. Ashoka was the first brand in France who made a bag from apple skins! Their bags and backpacks are young and fresh, representing the vibe of Paris. To show they care about living beings, Ashoka Paris donates a part of their profits to animal rights groups.
Ashoka delivers all over the world, and the shipping is free in Metropolitan France.
A veteran in the vegan fashion industry, Expressions NYC is a cruelty-free brand founded in 2005. Each of their collection is named after a street or an avenue in New York, conveying the vibe of the metropolis. Expressions NYC's goal is to incorporate sustainability into all channels of the company, including materials, design, packaging, and transportation.
Expressions NYC provides free shipping in the USA. They also deliver their trendy goods to Canada, Japan, UK, Spain, Germany, and France.
Denise Roobol is a 100% vegan fashion brand from the Netherlands that makes beautiful bags and accessories without harming animals. The company proves that vegan products can be super stylish, and how easy it is to implement cruelty-free fashion in your everyday life. Sine 2020, all of Denise Roobol products are made with a lining of 100% recycled bottles.
Denise Roobol offers shipping worldwide to ensure you stay stylish wherever you live.
Ecosusi is a cruelty-free fashion brand that combines vintage and modern style to create ageless pieces. The people behind Ecosusi are inspired by the 1950s but include the latest fashion in their styles, too. They use vegan leather made from polyurethane and promise to continue using animal-friendly products.
The shipping is free on most orders. Due to the pandemic, Ecosusi is not able to provide delivery to all the corners of the world but they do out best to get back on track.
MÄRSS is a small fashion brand based in Estonia, specializing in making awesome vegan backpacks. Their products are handmade and meant both for men and women. They use new and upcycled fabrics to make the original backpacks earth-friendly. MÄRSS approaches each customer personally to create unique bags that are one of a kind.
Lucky us, MÄRSS ships worldwide! The cost of the delivery is usually between 13€ and 20€.
LUXTRA is a brand whose mission is to create beautiful pieces while promoting responsible production and consumption. LUXTRA creates fashion that is focused on sustainability and a cruelty-free lifestyle. Their plant-based materials include apple, cactus, pineapple, mango, and corn. In the past 3 years, LUXTRA has donated 2.3%-3.2% of its turnover to the charity.
They provide worldwide delivery, no matter where you’re located!
Colors, shapes, and fun unexpected details – this is all that MOONstruck is about. The Lithuanian brand uses quality vegan materials to ensure the durability of its handcrafted products. All MOONstruck's backpacks and bags are water, scratch, and light-resistant. Who said your kid can't have a stylish vegan schoolbag? They design backpacks for both adults and kids!
MOONstruck offers worldwide shipping for all its products.
Sakka Handmade is a Greek workshop founded in 2018. They make sure their bags are ethically made, and carefully cut and sewed by hand. All of Sakka’s materials are cruelty-free and mostly locally sourced.
This adorable Greek brand provides international shipping.
Whether you’re a fighter for animal rights or not, all of the amazing brands on our list are truly worth checking out. From breathtaking designs for your night out to trendy backpacks that fit your laptop - it’s guaranteed you’ll find more than one option where to choose from. In 2021, being vegan doesn’t have to be hard. You can be as stylish as ever, and keep it ethical at the same time, one cruel-free decision at a time.
Which Brands Are Cruelty-Free?
Download our list of 600+ verified cruelty-free brands straight to your device. Bring it with you everywhere you go, and never worry about supporting animal testing again. Click here to download