The Cruelty-Free 5: Our Crtieria
All brands that we classify as cruelty-free have confirmed the following. Find out more about the Cruelty-Free 5.
- Their company doesn't test finished products or ingredients on animals
- Their suppliers don't test finished products or ingredients on animals
- No third parties test their finished products or ingredients on their behalf
- They do not test on animals where required by law
- Their products are not sold in stores in countries which require animal testing
New Brands Added: Cruelty-Free
The brands below have confirmed that they're truly cruelty-free, meaning that no animal testing is performed on their products at any level during production and beyond.
- Flawless Lashes by Loreta
- Shani Darden
- By Beauty Bay
- Grown Alchemist
- Sun Bum
- Bondi Sands
- Hawaiian Tropic
- 14e Cosmetics
- SAINT Cosmetics
- Patrick Ta
- Good Molecules
- Fat and the Moon
New Brands Added: Grey Area
These brands either did not respond to our multiple attempts to contact them, or they didn't prove enough information by addressing all our questions. To encourage them to be transparent about their cruelty-free status, you can try reaching out to them on social media and via email.
- Jack Black (see below)
- Zara Beauty -- They claim to be cruelty-free, but they are sold where animal testing is required by law.
We reached out to the following companies because of a potential change in their policy:
- Jack Black -- We have now placed Jack Black in the grey area because we have confirmed that they are selling in markets which require animal testing. Although they claim to bypass pre-market animal testing, selling within this market still opens them up to the possibility of post-market animal testing.
Can't find a brand in our database?
As always, thank you for being a compassionate consumer and shopping cruelty-free.
Shop Cruelty-Free—It's Easy!
Find the best cruelty-free makeup, skincare, hair care products and more with our curated database. Shop here to find ethical products.