The Cruelty-Free 5: Our Crtieria
All brands that we classify as cruelty-free have confirmed the following. Find out more about the Cruelty-Free 5.
- Their company doesn't test finished products or ingredients on animals
- Their suppliers don't test finished products or ingredients on animals
- No third parties test their finished products or ingredients on their behalf
- They do not test on animals where required by law
- Their products are not sold in stores in countries which require animal testing
New Brands Added: Cruelty-Free
The brands below have confirmed that they're truly cruelty-free, meaning that no animal testing is performed on their products at any level during production and beyond.
- Unicorn Gang Shop
- Saturday Skin
- Sunday II Sunday
- The Quick Flick
- Sienna Byron Bay
- r.e.m. beauty
- Haus Laboratories - please see below
- Pink Chawkulit
- Billie Eilish Fragrances
- Il Makiage
New Brands Added: NOT Cruelty-Free
These brands are either available in countries that still require animal testing prior to selling, or they disclosed that they do test on animals whenever a regulatory group requires them to do so.
- Thierry Mugler - they have the same animal testing policy as their parent company, L'Oreal
- 3CE - 3CE, like its parent company Style Nanda, tests on animals when a regulatory board requires it
- Blistex - the brand is available in countries that still require testing on animals
- NEOGEN - the brand is also available in countries that require testing on animals
We reached out to the following companies because of a potential change in their policy:
- Haus Laboratories -- We are pleased to announce that we moved Joico from the grey area to our cruelty-free list. As of 2021, Haus Laboratories has confirmed that their products are not sold in markets which require animal testing.
Can't find a brand in our database?
As always, thank you for being a compassionate consumer and shopping cruelty-free.
Which Brands Are Cruelty-Free?
Download our list of 600+ verified cruelty-free brands straight to your device. Bring it with you everywhere you go, and never worry about supporting animal testing again. Click here to download