Laundry detergent… it’s essential and it’s not easy to find one that’s cruelty-free. So I’ve gathered them all in one post! Plus some fabric softener options.
Most of the detergents below are suitable for both top-loading and front-loading washing machines. Also, they tend to be greener and less toxic than traditional detergents, which is always a plus. If you’re sensitive to a specific ingredient, definitely check the labels to ensure that those ingredients aren’t in there. Green detergents are healthier, but they’re not always exactly healthy!
There are 2 places I love for shopping cruelty-free and natural when it comes to household products. The one first is obviously Amazon, which is hard to beat. They have a huge selection and lower prices than retail stores. The second one is Abe’s Market, which is an online shop that offers sooo many green options, from pet supplies to beauty to food. They stock some brands that Amazon doesn’t, and they even have soap nuts! Shipping is free over $49 if you live in the US.
For the sake of convenience, I organized the laundry detergents by store. If you choose not to shop at Amazon of Abe’s Market (or if you live outside of the US and Canada) you’ll still be able to find some these brands at your local store. Most likely. Also, if you have your own favorite cruelty-free detergents, feel free to share in the comments!
Okay, enough yapping and let’s get on with the lists.
3. Scent + Dye Free Dropps (Laundry Detergent) — These are capsules you just pop in the washer.
4. Method Fresh Clover (Laundry Detergent) — One of my faves! I love Method products.
5. Earth Friendly Products Magnolia & Lily (Laundry Detergent w/ Softener) — I’m currently using this one. It’s Leaping Bunny-certified.
1. Soap Nuts (Laundry Detergent, $32.24 for 1lb) — 100% natural detergent.
2. Dropps Orange Blossom Scent Booster (Fabric Softener, $28 for 6-pack) — Abe’s stocks many Dropps products.
3. Molly’s Suds (Powder Laundry Detergent, $13.99) — Leaping Bunny-certified.
4. HomeLogic Citrus Grove (Laundry Detergent, $32 for 2-pack) — PETA-certified.
5. Puracy Free & Clear (Laundry Detergent, $17.99) — Leaping Bunny-certified.
I hope these suggestions will work out for you! Have you tried any of these brands? Please leave your opinions on the comments!
*All of the brands mentioned in this article are 100% cruelty-free, except in the case of Mrs. Meyers which is owned by a company that tests on animals. Mrs. Meyers itself remains a cruelty-free company.