Most of the detergents below are suitable for both top-loading and front-loading washing machines. Also, they tend to be greener and less toxic than traditional detergents, which is always a plus. If you're sensitive to a specific ingredient, definitely check the labels to ensure that those ingredients aren't in there. Green detergents are generally more gentle, but they're not perfect.
*All of the brands mentioned in this article are cruelty-free, although some are owned by a parent company that tests on animals. This is the case for Seventh Generation and Mrs. Meyers, which are cruelty-free themselves but are owned by S.C. Johnson and Unilever respectively.
3. Scent + Dye Free Dropps (Laundry Detergent) -- These are capsules you just pop in the washer.
5. ECOS Magnolia & Lily (Laundry Detergent w/ Softener) -- I'm currently using this one and we purchase it from Costco. It's Leaping Bunny-certified.
1. Soap Nuts (Laundry Detergent, $32.24 for 1lb) -- 100% natural detergent. I have yet to try this myself, but some people swear by these.
2. Dropps Orange Blossom Scent Booster (Fabric Softener, $28 for 6-pack) -- Abe's stocks many Dropps products.
3. Molly's Suds (Powder Laundry Detergent, $13.99) -- Leaping Bunny-certified.
4. HomeLogic Citrus Grove (Laundry Detergent, $32 for 2-pack) -- PETA-certified. Great reviews.
5. Puracy Free & Clear (Laundry Detergent, $17.99) -- Leaping Bunny-certified.
I hope these suggestions will work out for you! Have you tried any of these brands? Please leave your opinions on the comments!