Urban Decay is cruelty-free.
This brand has confirmed that it is truly cruelty-free. They don't test finished products or ingredients on animals, and neither do their suppliers or any third-parties. They also don't sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Urban Decay isn't owned by a parent company that is not cruelty-free.
At a Glance
|Finished products tested on animals||No|
|Ingredients tested on animals||No|
|Suppliers test on animals||No|
|Third party animal testing||No|
|Sold in mainland China||No|
When shopping through the links below, we may earn a small commission. There’s no extra cost for you, and you’re helping support Cruelty-Free Kitty.
On November 26, 2012, L’Oréal announced their plan to acquire Urban Decay. They were purchased by L’Oréal later that year. This means that Urban Decay is now owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Before this acquisition, Urban Decay was owned by another parent company that tests on animals, LVMH.
Ever since their beginnings, Urban Decay has remained cruelty-free, and the brand isn’t sold in mainland China, where animal testing is required by law. Under L’Oréal, Urban Decay currently has no plans on expanding to China and is dedicated to remaining a cruelty-free brand.
About Urban Decay
Urban Decay's Vegan Product List
Urban Decay offers a large selection of vegan makeup, which is listed on their website. You can shop their vegan products by clicking here.
- 24/7 Velvet Black Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil
- All Nighter Face Primer
- All Nighter Liquid Foundation
- All Nighter Pollution Protection Makeup Setting Spray
- All Nighter Setting Spray
- All Nighter Waterproof Full-Coverage Concealer
- All Nighter Waterproof Setting Powder
- B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Priming Spray
- Beached Bronzer
- Brow Beater
- Brow Blade
- Brow Endowed
- Brow Finish Gel
- Chill Cooling and Hydrating Makeup Setting Spray
- De-Slick Complexion Primer
- De-Slick Mattifying Powder
- De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray
- Double Down Brow
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Heavy Metal Glitter Gel
- Inked Brow
- Lip Plumper
- Lo-Fi Lip Mousse
- Moondust Lip Eclipse
- Naked Illuminated
- Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid
- Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector
- Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
- Optical Illusion Complexion Primer
- Perversion Waterproof Fine-Point Eye Pen
- Quick Fix Hydra-Charged Complexion Prep Priming Spray
- Scented Sparkling
- Stay Naked Correcting Concealer
- Stay Naked Lightweight Liquid Foundation
- Stay Naked Pro Customizer
- Stay Naked The Fix
- Stay Naked Threesome
- The Ultimate Brush Off
- The Velvetizer
- Vice Lip Chemistry
- Vice Lipstick Chemistry Trio
- Wired Transforming Liner
- Wired Vice Lip Chemistry
How We Classify Brands Like Urban Decay As Cruelty-Free
We communicate directly with brands regarding their animal testing policy. Brands are only added to our cruelty-free directory once they answer all our questions and they meet our cruelty-free criteria.
- Does your brand test on animals, for either finished products or ingredients?
- Do your suppliers test on animals? How do you ensure this?
- Do any third-parties test on animals on your behalf?
- Do you test on animals where required by law?
- In which countries are your products sold (excluding online sales)?
Learn more about the Cruelty-Free 5 (our cruelty-free criteria) and why we ask brands these specific questions.
Some brands are listed as cruelty-free by organizations such as PETA or the Leaping Bunny program. These brands are not automatically added to our list, and we sometimes find that PETA-approved brands don’t meet our cruelty-free criteria.