theBalm is cruelty-free.
This brand has confirmed that it is truly cruelty-free. They don't test finished products or ingredients on animals, and neither do their suppliers or any third-parties. They also don't sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
At a Glance
|Finished products tested on animals||No|
|Ingredients tested on animals||No|
|Suppliers test on animals||No|
|Third party animal testing||No|
|Sold in mainland China||No|
When shopping through the links below, we may earn a small commission. There’s no extra cost for you, and you’re helping support Cruelty-Free Kitty.
theBalm is a mid-range brand that sells Makeup and Nail Polish. Their products are available in or ship to Australia, Canada, International, UK/Europe and USA. theBalm isn't certified by any official cruelty-free organizations.
theBalm's Vegan Product List
Although theBalm is not 100% vegan, they do offer a selection of vegan-friendly products. The following products are vegan and contain no animal-derived ingredients:
- Read My Lips Lipgloss
- Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick
- Pickup Liners
- Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer
- PhotoBalm- Powder Foundation
- Time Balm Primer
- Put A Lid On It
- Stainiac Lip and Cheek Stain
- Cheater Mascara
- Whats Your Type Mascara
- Mad Lash Mascara
- Schwing! Black Liquid Eyeliner
- Mr. Write Now
- Overshadow All Mineral Eyeshadow
- Sexy Mama Translucent Powder
- Bahama Mama Bronzer, Shadow & Contour Powder
- InStain Blush
- Balm Beach
- Balm Springs
- Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter and Shadow
- Highlite ‘N Con Tour Palette
- Meet Matte Ador
- How ‘Bout Them Apples? Lip Palette
- Scuba Mascara
- Even Steven Whipped Foundation
- In the Balm of Your Hand Volume 2
- Smoke Balm Volume 4
- Meet Matte Hughes Mini Kit 3
- Bonnie-Lou Manizer Highlighter and Shadow
- Foiled Again…
- Single Shadows Columbia
- Single Shadows Classic (not all shades are vegan)
- Mr. Write Seymour (not all shades are vegan)
- Bonnie-Dew Manizer
- Mary-Dew Manizer
- Furrowcious Brow Pencil
- Take Home the Bronze Bronzer
- Plump Your Pucker (not all shades are vegan)
- Betty-Dew Manizer
- Cindy-Dew Manizer PYP/TBJ Mini Kit 2
- Meet Matte Hughes Mini Kit 1
- Meet Matte Hughes Mini Kit 2
- Meet Matte Hughes Mini Kit 4
- Priming is Everything
How We Classify Brands Like theBalm As Cruelty-Free
We communicate directly with brands regarding their animal testing policy. Brands are only added to our cruelty-free directory once they answer all our questions and they meet our cruelty-free criteria.
- Does your brand test on animals, for either finished products or ingredients?
- Do your suppliers test on animals? How do you ensure this?
- Do any third-parties test on animals on your behalf?
- Do you test on animals where required by law?
- In which countries are your products sold (excluding online sales)?
Learn more about the Cruelty-Free 5 (our cruelty-free criteria) and why we ask brands these specific questions.
Some brands are listed as cruelty-free by organizations such as PETA or the Leaping Bunny program. These brands are not automatically added to our list, and we sometimes find that PETA-approved brands don’t meet our cruelty-free criteria.