bareMinerals is cruelty-free.
This brand has confirmed that it is truly cruelty-free. They don't test finished products or ingredients on animals, and neither do their suppliers or any third-parties. They also don't sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
bareMinerals is owned by Shiseido, a company that is not cruelty-free.
At a Glance
|Finished products tested on animals||No|
|Ingredients tested on animals||No|
|Suppliers test on animals||No|
|Third party animal testing||No|
|Sold in mainland China||No|
When shopping through the links below, we may earn a small commission. There’s no extra cost for you, and you’re helping support Cruelty-Free Kitty.
In 2010, Shiseido acquired Bare Escentuals (also known as bareMinerals). This means that bareMinerals is now owned by a parent company that tests on animals.
Since then, the brand has remained cruelty-free and is currently not sold in mainland China, where animal testing is required by law.
bareMinerals's Vegan Product List
Vegan makeup products by bareMinerals are listed below. The brand also now offers a complete line of vegan skincare. This means that none of their vegan skincare products contain any animal-derived ingredients. Unfortunately, none of their makeup brushes are listed on their page of vegan products.
- BAREPRO 16-Hr Full Coverage Concealer
- BAREPRO Longwear Lipstick
- BAREPRO Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF 20
- BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation
- BAREPRO® 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer
- bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer
- Blemish Rescue Anti-Redness Mattifying Primer
- Combo Control Milky Face Primer
- Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick SPF 25
- Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturiser
- Correcting Concealer SPF 20
- Dew Mist Shimmering Setting Spray
- Endless Summer Bronzer
- GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lipstick
- GEN NUDE Patent Lip Lacquer
- Good Hydrations Silky Face Primer
- Lash Domination Ink Liner
- LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
- Loose Powder Concealer SPF 20
- MATTE Foundation SPF 15
- Mineral Veil Finishing Powder
- Mineral Veil Finishing Powder SPF 25
- MINERALIST Hydra Smoothing Lipstick
- ONE FINE LINE Micro Precision Eyeliner
- ORIGINAL Foundation SPF 15
- Prime Time BB Primer Cream Daily Defense SPF 30
- Prime Time Foundation Primer
- Statement Lip Matte Liquid Lipcolour
- Well-Rested Eye Brightener SPF 20
- Well-Rested® Under Eye Brightener SPF 20
How We Classify Brands Like bareMinerals As Cruelty-Free
We communicate directly with brands regarding their animal testing policy. Brands are only added to our cruelty-free directory once they answer all our questions and they meet our cruelty-free criteria.
- Does your brand test on animals, for either finished products or ingredients?
- Do your suppliers test on animals? How do you ensure this?
- Do any third-parties test on animals on your behalf?
- Do you test on animals where required by law?
- In which countries are your products sold (excluding online sales)?
Learn more about the Cruelty-Free 5 (our cruelty-free criteria) and why we ask brands these specific questions.
Some brands are listed as cruelty-free by organizations such as PETA or the Leaping Bunny program. These brands are not automatically added to our list, and we sometimes find that PETA-approved brands don’t meet our cruelty-free criteria.