The Cruelty-Free 5: Our Crtieria
All brands that we classify as cruelty-free have confirmed the following. Find out more about the Cruelty-Free 5.
- Their company doesn't test finished products or ingredients on animals
- Their suppliers don't test finished products or ingredients on animals
- No third parties test their finished products or ingredients on their behalf
- They do not test on animals where required by law
- Their products are not sold in stores in mainland China
New Brands Added: Cruelty-Free
The brands below have confirmed that they're truly cruelty-free, meaning that no animal testing is performed on their products at any level during production and beyond.
- Lawless — available at Sephora
- Kure Bazaar — clean nail polish available at The Detox Market
- Dae — hair care available at Sephora
- PYR Beauty — affordable clean beauty brand
- Merit — available at Sephora
- Josie Vegan — vegan nail polish brand, partner
- Kri Skincare — vegan skincare brand, partner
- Tower 28 — available at Sephora
- Natura Siberica — highly requested!
- Eco Lips — vegan lipbalm
- Exa Beauty — available at Ulta
New Brands Added: Not Cruelty-Free
These brands are not cruelty-free, meaning that their finished products or ingredients are tested on animals by either themselves, their suppliers, or third parties. Often, this means that the companies sell products in mainland China where they had to fund mandatory animal testing.
- Cetaphil — sold in China
- Necessaire — one of their products is tested on animals
New Brands Added: Grey Area
These brands either did not respond to our multiple attempts to contact them, or they didn't prove enough information by addressing all our questions. To encourage them to be transparent about their cruelty-free status, you can try reaching out to them on social media and via email.
- P.Louise — no response after several attempts
- Roen Beauty — no response after several attempts
- Mane n' Tail — no response after several attempts
- Cosrx — no response after several attempts
Can't find a brand in our database?
If you're searched our database and can't find a brand, use this form to request it. Once there's enough interest, we'll look into it and classify it under the appropriate list.
Which Brands Are Cruelty-Free?
Download our list of 600+ verified cruelty-free brands straight to your device. Bring it with you everywhere you go, and never worry about supporting animal testing again. Click here to download