Exciting news! My Rose Quartz Facial Roller just launched on Amazon! Click here to check it out, and use the code CFKITTY25 for 25% off. Thank you for considering buying it! Your support means the world to me. 🙏❤️
Butter London nail polish bottles proudly sport a Leaping Bunny logo, but the information I came across shows that it might be a sham:
- There is no mention or official claim on the brand’s website. Why would Butter London keep so quiet about being cruelty-free?
- In May 2012, the company claimed to be “in the process” of getting their Leaping Bunny certification.
- After checking with the Leaping Bunny, no record of Butter London being “in the process” of getting certified was found.
- Even if they were in the process of getting certified, they would not be able to display the logo until after they officially became certified, since companies have to pay for the right to display the logo, and they can only do so after they join the program. Displaying a logo while being in the process of acquiring certification simply makes no sense!
- The company has had the same Leaping Bunny logo on its nail polish at least since 2010. This makes their claim even more ridiculous.
Of course, I have e-mailed Butter London about this matter. Their reply was vague and elusive, to say the least.
I love Butter London nail polish and I have heard that the brand is “cruelty-free”, and seen the leaping bunny logo. However, I could not find any official claim on your website, and I could not find your company on Peta’s cruelty-free list or on the leaping bunny’s website. I would like to know if the cruelty-free claim is official, and if so, why there is no mention of it on your website. Why is Butter London not on Peta’s list? Are you certified by the Leaping Bunny?Thanks in advance,Kitty
Thanks for reaching out! We do not test nor harm animals in the making of our products.
How wonderful. They didn’t address a single question! I followed up.
Hi,Thank you for your reply. However, could you answer my specific questions? Do your suppliers test raw ingredients on animals? Are you certified by the Leaping Bunny?Thanks in advance.
I never heard back from them.
Is their leaping bunny logo merely a knockoff? Most likely yes, according to the leaping bunny, who claim that they have no control over this issue. But does this mean that Butter London isn’t cruelty-free? Not necessarily, no. The only thing that we can be sure of, based on the evidence alone and disregarding the hearsay, is that Butter London purposely deceives customers by displaying the meaningful logo of a reputable organization they have NOT been approved by. The logo has been on the bottles for years, while the company has never been listed on the leaping bunny’s website and has never been certified by it. For this reason alone, I will not purchase Butter London products from now on nor advertise them. As for the cruelty-free status of their products, that’s also been compromised, since they failed to provide meaningful information.
Get the list of cruelty-free brands in your inbox!
Enter your email below to get my 10-page guide, Cruelty-Free Made Simple. Thank you so much for your interest!