What it does
The W3ll People Narcissist Foundation + Concealer Stick is a cream-stick foundation that provides medium coverage and a natural, dewy-looking finish without being overly shiny. The stick packaging -- which, might I add, looks very sleek and clean -- makes application super quick and easy. Although this foundation is called a "Foundation + Concealer Stick", it doesn't measure up to an actual concealer in terms of coverage, but it can double as an under-eye concealer for moderate dark circles. Emphasis on moderate!
How I use it
I apply the stick in strokes all over my face, then blend it out using a dense, fluffy foundation brush. The foundation blends out easily and looks natural with very little effort this way. Because I prefer a fuller coverage, I apply a good amount of it, and it doesn't look cakey. This is one of the cool things about it: you can easily tweak the coverage according to your needs and make it as sheer as you want, or build it up to medium. It hides all redness and discoloration, and you only need an additional concealer if you have any spots to cover up. Like with all cream foundations, I recommend wearing a good primer underneath it in order to make sure it applies as smoothly as possible.
I use the lightest shade, Pale Ivory, and it's a close match for my NC10 skintone. However, it's definitely a little more on the pink side, and would be perfect for those with pale skin and neutral to cool undertones. If you're interested in purchasing this foundation, I added swatches of the NARS Sheer Glow foundation for comparison. As you can see, Fair Golden is very close to Gobi, which is around NC20. There are also 5 darker shades available.
- I absolutely LOVE the finish! It's natural and looks like healthy skin.
- Quick and easy application. Perfect for when you're in a rush.
- No harsh chemicals, no parabens, nothing nasty in it.
- Non-comedogenic ingredients.
- The lightest shade is very pale. If you have trouble finding a foundation that's pale enough, W3ll People's got you covered.
- Not suited for all skin types. It needs some slip in order to look smooth on the skin, so it might not be the best for those with dry skin.
- If you want the most coverage, you'll go through the tube quickly. However if you don't have a lot of discoloration to cover up, this will last a while.
- It only comes in 8 shades, and mixing is impossible. It might be hard for some people to find a match.
If you're looking for a day-to-day, natural-looking foundation that provides up to medium coverage, definitely look into this one. If you're in a hurry in the morning, the stick application will save you time and potential frustration, as it makes the application not only quick, but also effortless and the product blends super fast. The natural ingredients of this foundation are also a huge positive for me, and a part of what makes it a great foundation to wear every day. Another great thing: if you're prone to breakouts, none of the ingredients used in this foundation will clog your pores. I would recommend this for those with normal, combination, sensitive, or oily skin.
Where to buy it
This foundation typically retails for 39,75$. You can buy it online from Rodale's here for 38$ and if you're a first-time customer, you also get 10% off as well as free shipping, knocking the total price down to 34,20$! The coupon code for this is WELCOME10! Valid only for U.S. orders.