What it does
Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12-hour full coverage foundation is meant to be, like the name implies, long-lasting and full-coverage. It has a matte yet natural finish and a thick consistency. It’s comparable to Laura Mercier’s Silk Cream foundation, but looks more like skin and less like you’re wearing foundation. Because it’s water-based, it’s much lighter. Between the two, Tarte is objectively my pick, and not only because it’s cruelty-free. You also get 25% more product for the same price.
- Medium to full coverage yet looks like skin.
- Good shade selection. Both warm and cool tones for the same shade.
- Good price compared to other high-end foundations.
- Does not oxidize/change color over time.
- SPF 15.
- Doesn’t last particularly long for a “12-hour” foundation.
- The coverage is closer to medium than full.
Very good overall foundation. If you’re looking for something that has decent coverage, a matte finish, and looks natural, this foundation’s for you!
Suzana Rose is the founder and editor-in-chief of Cruelty-Free Kitty. She loves using her creative energy to run her ethical businesses, and when she’s not working, you can find her thrifting cute clothes, listening to podcasts, or rewatching her favorite episodes of The Office.