What it does
Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12-hour full coverage foundation is meant to be, like the name implies, long-lasting and full-coverage. It has a matte yet natural finish and a thick consistency. It’s comparable to Laura Mercier’s Silk Cream foundation, but looks more like skin and less like you’re wearing foundation. Because it’s water-based, it’s much lighter. Between the two, Tarte is objectively my pick, and not only because it’s cruelty-free. You also get 25% more product for the same price.
- Medium to full coverage yet looks like skin.
- Good shade selection. Both warm and cool tones for the same shade.
- Good price compared to other high-end foundations.
- Does not oxidize/change color over time.
- SPF 15.
- Doesn’t last particularly long for a “12-hour” foundation.
- The coverage is closer to medium than full.
Very good overall foundation. If you’re looking for something that has decent coverage, a matte finish, and looks natural, this foundation’s for you!
Download the full list of cruelty-free brands in my 10-page guide, Cruelty-Free Made Simple. Enter your name and email below to get it in your inbox.