I recently had a chance to try out some of the most popular products from Too Faced, and I am excited to share my honest thoughts with you. As you might know, Too Faced is a cruelty-free brand available at Sephora and Ulta, and you can also shop their official store here.
They’ve assured us that they remained cruelty-free after their acquisition by Estée Lauder. Their status didn’t change and they don’t sell products to mainland China, where animal testing is required by law.
These are the products I’ll be reviewing in this post:
- Better Than Sex Mascara ($23) — vegan
- Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation ($39) — vegan
- Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer ($30) — vegan
- Natural Love Eye Shadow Collection ($59)
Better Than Sex Mascara
The Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara ($23) has one of my all-time favorite cruelty-free and vegan mascara formulas. It’s extremely volumizing, and the hourglass-shaped wand makes it easy to apply. I love that it’s incredibly buildable without looking clumpy.
This mascara also won our best cruelty-free mascara reader poll by a landslide! It was by far the best mascara according to our readers.
Too Faced also makes a waterproof version of this mascara. It should be noted that the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is vegan, but the Better Than Sex Waterproof mascara is not vegan, as it contains beeswax.
Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation
The Born This Way Foundation ($39) has an oil-free formula intended to “masterfully diffuse the line between makeup and skin”. I would describe it as a medium-to-full coverage foundation, but it doesn’t feel heavy or cakey. It does have a luminous finish, so if you have combination or oily skin I would definitely recommend setting with powder.
I tried out the shade Snow, which seems to be a good match for my very fair yellow-based complexion. The foundation comes in 18 varying shades, but Too Faced could possibly benefit from adding a few more shades for the deepest of skin tones.
I don’t typically wear foundation, so I prefer how it looks when mixed with a little moisturizer and/or liquid illuminator, blended in with a beauty sponge.
Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
The Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30) comes in three shades: Milk Chocolate, Chocolate and Dark Chocolate. The Milk Chocolate shade (pictured above) works beautifully for my fair complexion, and I find that it is perfectly balanced between warm and cool.
I was concerned about the chocolate scent at first, as I typically avoid products with fragrance due to my sensitive skin. I was pleasantly surprised that my skin had no adverse reaction to the fragrance, perhaps because it is scented with real cacao fruit powder rather than artificial chemicals.
Overall, I think this is a great bronzer for a variety of skin tones, and I would definitely purchase it again! I think it would make a super cute gift packaged together with some real chocolates.
Natural Love Eye Shadow Collection
This new springy palette from Too Faced called Natural Love Eye Shadow Palette ($59) contains 30 eyeshadows, and includes shades from their best-selling eyeshadow palettes as well as some new exclusive shades. If you have been looking to test out one of their palettes, I think this is a great one to try because it contains such a huge variety of shades in multiple finishes.
Let me know in the comments below if you’d like to see a full review with swatches!
Is Too Faced Vegan-Friendly?
Too Faced offers a lot of vegan-friendly options including their popular “Teddy Bear Hair” synthetic makeup brushes. The Better Than Sex Mascara, Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation and Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer are all vegan! The Natural Love Eye Shadow Collection is not vegan, as some of the shades contain carmine. Here’s a complete list of their vegan products:
- 3*Way Lash Lining Tool
- Absolutely Flawless Concealer (Honey, Perfect Nude and Vanilla)
- Better Than Sex Mascara
- Better Than Sex Mascara Ornament
- Borderline Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil
- Born This Way Foundation (all)
- Bronze-Buki Brush (Teddy Bear Hair)
- Bronzed & Poreless
- Brow Quickie
- Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer (3 shades)
- Cocoa Contour Palette
- Cocoa Powder Foundation (all)
- Endless Summer 16 Hour Long-Wear Bronzer
- Flat Kabuki Mini Brush (Teddy Bear Hair)
- Hangover Primer
- Instant Attitude Brow Bone Highlighting Pencil
- Kabuki Brush (Teddy Bear Hair)
- La Crème Color Drenched Lipstick (all shades except Lollipop & Mean Girls)
- Lip Injection Extreme
- Lip Injection Lip Plumper Ornament
- Lip Injection Power Plumping Lip Gloss
- Lip Insurance Glossy
- Lip Insurance Lip Primer
- Love Flush Blush (How Deep is Your Love, Your Love is King)
- Mascara Melt Off
- Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick (all)
- Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick (all)
- Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick Ornament
- Melted Metal Liquified Metallic Lipstick (all)
- Mr. Right
- Natural Matte Eye Palette Shadow Collection
- Perfect Eyes (Perfect Black, Perfect Brown, Perfect Purple, Perfect Storm, Perfect Peacock, Perfect Moss, Perfect Espresso)
- Perfect Lips Lip Liner (Perfect Berry, Perfect Red, Perfect Spice, Perfect Nude)
- Primed & Poreless Pure Primer
- Primed & Poreless Face Primer
- Primed & Poreless Loose Powder
- Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder
- Pro-Essential Teddy Bear Hair Brush Set
- Royal Oil
- Sketch Marker (all except Deep Lilac & Candy Pink)
- Soul Mates (both shades)
- Sweet Peach Creamy Peach Oil Lip Gloss
- Sweet Peach Glow
- Sweethearts Bronzer Sweet Tea
- Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush (all)
- Tinted Beauty Balm (all)
Where to Buy
Thank you to Too Faced for sponsoring this post! All opinions are honest and my own.
Have you tried anything from Too Faced? I would love to know your favorites!
Get the list of cruelty-free brands in your inbox!
Enter your email below to get my 10-page guide, Cruelty-Free Made Simple. Thank you so much for your interest!