I purchased the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper ($19) a while back, and it’s been a game-changer when it comes to eyeliner. So why not review it?!
- Brand: Kat Von D
- Animal Testing Policy: Cruelty-Free, PETA-approved
- Sold in China: No
- Product: Tattoo Liner
- Shade: Trooper (satin black)
- Vegan: Yes
- Price: $19
- Weight: 0.27 oz / 8g
- Shade Selection: Also comes in a dark brown (Mad Max Brown)
- Where To Buy: Sephora — Kat Von D Beauty
What is it?
This is a mid-range liquid eyeliner that promises a thin, controllable line and deep pigment. I’m not gonna lie; I bought it because of the major hype! I mean, look at these reviews on Sephora:
I’ve had a very positive experience with this eyeliner. It’s better than other liquid liners I’ve tried, and I like it much more than any gel liner (although frankly I’ve never had good luck with those).
It claims to stay put all day, and it does. It also claims to be waterproof, but so far I haven’t cried out of eyeliner frustration. It doesn’t smudge, but it still comes off easily with an oil makeup remover.
How do you use it?
You use it like a regular liquid eyeliner, but the big difference is that it has a brush tip (as opposed to a felt tip). This means that it’s MUCH more fine at the tip than other eyeliners out there. You can draw very thin and precise lines.
Who’s it for?
If precision is your main requirement in eyeliner, look no further.
If you’re just starting out with winged liner, it’s probably the best option out there because it’s so easy to control. Even if you’re not just started out, you’ll most likely enjoy the Tattoo Liner.
- Fine, precise point that makes it easy to use.
- It’s a dark black.
- The cap prevents it from drying out (seals it).
- It’s cruelty-free and vegan.
- It’s under $20.
- The shelf life is only 6 months.
- I’ve heard complaints of it drying out, but this only happens when I don’t hold it vertically enough and the ink doesn’t flow through. Shaking it also helps.
10/10, would purchase again.
This is great all-around eyeliner, and it’s mostly because of its unique brush tip.
It’s super precise and great for beginners and eyeliner perfectionists alike. It’s also smudge-proof, long-lasting, and vegan.
I recommend it to everyone and you can get it from Sephora for $19.
Get the list of cruelty-free brands in your inbox!
Enter your email below to get my 10-page guide, Cruelty-Free Made Simple. Thank you so much for your interest!