Hello dear reader!
You can ask me a question any time using the Ask Suzi form. Before you do, give the following FAQ a glance to make sure your question isn’t already answered!
1. Is X cruelty-free?
Make sure to search the site before asking about specific companies. If you can’t find the brand, feel free to suggest it using the form.
2. X claims to be cruelty-free! Why is it on your list of brands that test on animals?
Please read the fine print in their policy!
If they’re on my list of brands that test on animals, they do. Most likely, they test on animals where required by law (i.e. in mainland China).
3. Are products Made in China tested on animals?
Products being “made in China” has no impact on their cruelty-free status. A company tests on animals in China only if they SELL cosmetics there.
4. What’s your definition of cruelty-free?
No animal testing is performed on the finished products or ingredients at any point during production, either by the company, its suppliers, or any third parties. Suppliers don’t test on animals. No animal testing where required by law.
5. How can something be cruelty-free if it contains animal ingredients?
“Cruelty-free” products are products that weren’t tested on animals, but they’re not necessarily vegan. Vegan products contain no animal ingredients.
A product can be cruelty-free and not vegan, or vegan and not cruelty-free.
1. Where do you live?
2. Why did you switch to cruelty-free products?
Because torturing animals is messed up, and I don’t want to support it. Please read my post about the cruelty-free revolution to learn more.
3. How do you feel about PETA?
Overall I can’t say I support PETA or agree with their decisions, but they’re also doing a lot of good for animals.
As far as their cruelty-free list, it was a big resource for me when I switched to cruelty-free products. It’s not always the most accurate, so I prefer doing my own research now.
4. What do you do for a living?
I’m a full-time blogger! Before this, I was a translator.
5. What photography equipment do you use?
6. Where can I follow you on social media?
You can follow me here: