I have a confession. I get really excited about matte shadows! So when I saw Kat Von D’s Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette, of course I had to have it. And ladies, it’s amazing. If there’s a palette you need in your life, this is it.
At A Glance
What is it?
The Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette ($46) is a fully matte 12-eyeshadow palette by Kat Von D.
The purpose of this palette is to contour the eyes to give them more definition.
Every single shade is matte and super duper pigmented. The black is pitch black and works great even as a shadow liner, and the whiter shades show up even on the palest skintone. They also have a formula that’s smooth and easy to blend.
It’s definitely a high-quality product that’s worth the investment.
Even if $46 might seem pricey at first glance, you have to consider the amount of product you’re getting. Divide the price by 12 eyeshadows, and it only comes to $3,83 per shadow.
Now here’s what’s unusual about this palette: The shades are divided into quads of neutral, cool, or warm shades. This makes it really easy to combine them, but you can also mix and match. If you’re a beginner and you struggle with color combinations or tones, you’ll have no problem here.
But it’s not only for beginners. I’ve heard great reviews for this palette from makeup artists and pros as well! The quality and versatility make it overall amazing.
- The shadows are super pigmented and easy to blend. Great formula and quality.
- The price per eyeshadow comes down to $3.83, so it’s a good bang for your buck.
- This palette is 100% matte. Not a single sparkle in there.
- Super versatile. Use it for natural makeup or dramatic looks.
- Beautiful shades that suit any skintone.
- The best damn matte palette out there. I challenge you to find a better one!
- Because some shades contain carmine, keep in mind that it’s not vegan-friendly.
Who’s it for?
Anyone from makeup artists to total beginners, and it suits ALL skintones (neutral, warm, cool) and all eye shapes.
This palette is amazing. It gets the most use out of all of my palettes, and I’m going to repurchase it without a doubt. Kat Von D did a fantastic job, and I highly recommend it to everyone. It’s a staple. Get it!